Healthy Fruit Roll-Ups With Veggies
These healthy fruit roll-ups (with veggies!) are a fun, homemade version of the childhood favorite.
- 1¼ cups peaches or fruit of choice (W)
- 1¼ cups mango or fruit of choice (W)
- ½ cup boiled carrot or veggie of choice (W)
- 1-2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon
- ½ lemon juiced (W)
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees F / 76 degrees C. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a food processor, blend together all ingredients until smooth.
In a saucepan on medium-low heat, add fruit and veggie mixture. Cook for 10 minutes to reduce slightly, stirring occasionally.
Pour onto the prepared sheet pan. Spread as thinly and evenly as possible into a rectangle with a spatula.
Bake for 4-5 hours or until the fruit is no longer sticky when you touch it.
Let cool completely and then cut into strips. Roll up the strips. Store in an enclosed container.
- You can substitute maple syrup with honey or agave.
- You can use any fruit and veggie combination that appeals to you, but note that more starchy fruits and veggies (banana, sweet potato, carrots, etc.) will take a bit longer to dry out. You need 2½ cups of fruit and ½ cup of veggies.
- For an alternative, try this recipe with strawberries and blueberries as the fruit and boiled or steamed broccoli as the vegetable. I suggest using 2 Tbs. of maple syrup and baking for 4 hours to dry out the mixture.
- This dish is intended to be served as a snack, side or dessert.
- Ingredients with a “W” next to them are WIC-eligible items. WIC is the supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children in the United States. It provides food to families with pregnant or postpartum women and young children. WIC-eligible items will vary based on location.
Sodium: 15mgCalcium: 34mgVitamin C: 23mgVitamin A: 2717IUSugar: 13gFiber: 3gPotassium: 192mgCalories: 72kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 17gIron: 1mg
Tag us with your recipe @kids.eat.in.color and follow for the best positive help for feeding babies, picky eaters, and all kids