Esquites with Frozen or Canned Corn
This esquites recipe is super easy for busy parents and is bound to become a family favorite.
- 3 cup / 372 g frozen corn kernels defrosted (W)
- 1 Tbs. / 15 mL unsalted, room-temperature butter
- 2 Tbs. / 30 mL mayo
- 1 medium lime juiced (W)
- 1 Tbs. / 4 g scallions diced, green part only (W)
- 3 oz. / 84 g cotija cheese
- 2 tsp. / 10 mL cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp. / 2.5 mL paprika
In a medium bowl, add all ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
To assemble, place 6 to-go or travel sized containers on the counter and scoop ½ cup / 88 g of mixture into each.
Close containers and store cold.
- Fresh or canned corn can be substituted for frozen.
- Feta can be used in place of cotija cheese. You could also use cheddar or a blend of shredded Mexican cheeses.
- Esquites can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for 4 days.
- This snack is best served cold and thus accompanied by an ice pack for travel. Remember to pack a fork.
Sodium: 361mgCalcium: 80mgVitamin C: 5mgVitamin A: 487IUSugar: 4gFiber: 2gPotassium: 151mgCholesterol: 20mgCalories: 146kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 10gProtein: 4gCarbohydrates: 14gIron: 1mg
Tag us with your recipe @kids.eat.in.color and follow for the best positive help for feeding babies, picky eaters, and all kids