Cheesy Vegetable Fritters with Frozen Peas & Corn
These vegetable fritters are made with frozen peas and corn and they come together in about 20 minutes.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup frozen corn defrosted (W)
- 1 cup frozen peas defrosted (W)
- 2 Tbs. water
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (W if shredded from block)
- ¼ cup cooking oil
In a bowl, combine flour, starch, toasted sesame seeds, salt, and onion powder. Add corn and peas to the bowl, and mix until the veggies are coated with flour.
Mix in water. The mixture will turn sticky.
Mix in mozzarella cheese.
Heat 2 Tbs. of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Wet your hands with water, form about ¼ cup of mixture into a patty, and place it on the pan. Repeat with half of the mixture. Note: Wetting your hands with water helps prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
Flip over once the fritters hold their shape together and gently press down with a metal spatula. Cook until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining mixture.
- To store, place the fritters in an airtight container once completely cooled. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, place a piece of parchment paper in between the fritters. Store in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge when ready to eat.
- To reheat, microwave for 45-60 seconds. Alternatively, place the fritters on a wire rack and reheat in a 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C oven until crispy. This option will take longer.
- Ingredients with a “W” next to them are WIC-eligible items. WIC is the supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children in the United States. It provides food to families with pregnant or postpartum women and young children. WIC-eligible items will vary based on location.
Sodium: 443mgCalcium: 140mgVitamin C: 23mgVitamin A: 498IUSugar: 3gFiber: 5gPotassium: 326mgCholesterol: 15mgCalories: 390kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 25gProtein: 10gCarbohydrates: 34gIron: 2mg
Tag us with your recipe @kids.eat.in.color and follow for the best positive help for feeding babies, picky eaters, and all kids